Sunday, March 28, 2010

Western toilets on Mt Koya?

Does anyone know if there are Western toilets up on Koyasan? When we were in Nara for the day last year I couldn%26#39;t find one anywhere in the shopping area. Will it be the same up there if we go for a day trip?



Western toilets on Mt Koya?


If you are staying there, this gives the list of shukubos w/ western toilet.



http://www.shukubo.jp/eng/05_syukubo.html



Western toilets on Mt Koya?


Thanks Amazinga





We weren%26#39;t intending to stay the night. Can we use a temple toilet if we%26#39;re just visiting Koyasan for the day?





I have a bad back and legs (from injuries and arthritis) so while I%26#39;d like to try a night in a temple or ryokan while in Japan, I don%26#39;t think my body would enjoy the sitting and sleeping on the floor.





Therefore we%26#39;re restricted to Western style hotels and Western toilets are preferable too when out for the day.




%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Does anyone know if there are Western toilets up on Koyasan? %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;



See



koyasan.or.jp/english/visitors/ashimoto.html




Thanks Edokko





That%26#39;s a really good website.I think I%26#39;ll print all that info out and take it with me.





It will take about 2 hours to get to Koyasan and the same to get back. Is it really worth it? I thought we%26#39;d do it as one of our day trips from Osaka, but now I%26#39;m wondering if there%26#39;s somewhere else that would be better.





We have 3 full days in Osaka before heading up to Kanazawa Takayama, Kamikochi, Matsumoto and the Alpine Route. I thought we%26#39;d go to Kyoto one day, Arashiyama another day and Koyasan the third day..





Does anyone have other suggestions for day trips out of Osaka? This will be our second trip - we%26#39;ve already been to Nara, Kyoto, Himeji and Hiroshima/Miyajima.


  • makeup brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment