Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How to pay

Hi, I have noticed that when I pay for things I get the impression that I should not hand the money directly to the person but put the money down usually in a tray for them to pick up any change is given to me and placed in my hand is this correct?



How to pay


You are correct and observant. You%26#39;ll always notice that the currency is always clean and not folded. I%26#39;ve read this is out of respect for the monetary system. I try to keep it unfolded. I%26#39;m trying to find-out how they recirculate the money so quickly.





Macsubi



How to pay


I only hope they make allowances for the likes of me that don’t know the etiquette. The last thing I want to do is upset people.




Don%26#39;t worry too much about, especially as a visitor. You are given a lot of leeway.




Think of it as a culture that appreciates your company and patronage and you%26#39;ll do fine. Don%26#39;t let it get in the way of enjoying your stay.





Macsubi




A note:



Japanese hate crinkled paper money like my wife does, lol. Their wallet is larger to keep the 10,000 yen bills totally unfolded and unmarked like new.

No comments:

Post a Comment