Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Do I need to book bed and meals for a 2yr old and 3 yr old

Hi





Our family will be staying at Taiseikan Ryokan in Hakone for 1 nite. I wonder if I need to book bed and meals for my 2 daughters? Can they share my meals? If I don%26#39;t book a bed, does it mean they won%26#39;t have a futon?





Lastly, do kids that young go into the onsen?? I would imagine it would be too hot for them ;p





Look fwd to some advice!





Do I need to book bed and meals for a 2yr old and 3 yr old


Their website in Japanese says the following about booking for children under age 9 in their least expensive room type..





No meal, no futon charge is ¥3150



No meal, with futon charge is 30% of adult



Kids meal, no futon charge is ¥6,300



Kids meal, with futon charge is 50% of adult





We took our daughter when she was that young and she was fine but did not stay long in the bath but enjoyed water play anyway. We always had a private room for the bath so as to not bother others.



Do I need to book bed and meals for a 2yr old and 3 yr old


Japanese babies soak in onsen with Mom and Dad. Unnn...good... their face seem to be relaxed! Kids love to play with water like in a pool. Japanese kids doesn%26#39;t think it is hot, the water temperature is used to the same at home.





I don%26#39;t know your ryokan has available, there are baby chairs in Onsens and public baths here.



What those looks? Please see photos in this web-page.



Bath product goods for children and babies:



http://www.family-ryokan.com/spa/




My 7 year old (who goes in hot tubs in Canada) found the baths in Japan waaaayyy too hot for her. I would definately test before and go in slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment